Caring for your suit is just as important as buying the right suit.
- Do not dry clean your suit after every wear. We recommend that you dry clean it sparingly. Once or twice every season is sufficient. It is not advisable to dry-clean your suit more than that as the chemicals can wear on the material, shortening the life of your suit. Even organic cleaners (while considerably better) will produce this negative effect. The exception, of course, is if your suit happens to get stained or becomes noticeably dirty.
- If you do dry clean your suit, dry clean the two pieces (jacket and trousers) together. Sometimes the dry cleaning process lightens the fabric.
- Invest in a clothing brush and brush your suit regularly. A good clothing brush will rid the suit of any access dirt, dust or food stuffs before they settle in to the fabric.
- As for day-to-day storage, we recommend a nice, thick wooden hanger. This will help you suit maintain its shape.
- When hanging your suit, hang the suit with the jacket and trouser buttons un-buttoned. Over long periods of time, hanging the suit with the buttons fastened can warp it.
- Always let the suit air out for about 24 hours before putting it in a garment bag. If you can, invest a cedar hanger which will absorb moisture from the fabric and repel pests. Even though it may be tempting some evenings, do NOT leave your suit crumpled on the floor, no matter how many drinks you’ve had.
- When it comes to hanging your pants properly (to maintain your crease), we have a proven method. But, you’ll have to visit us in the shop to see for yourself as we’ll need to demonstrate the swift motion involved in-person. So, please stop by!